Financial Assistance for Undocumented Students

Any undocumented student who meets the institution's admissions criteria will be granted admission to Randolph College. However, in order to qualify for merit-based financial assistance, the student must be classed as "domestic" or "international." Domestic students are defined as individuals who are either U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents (i.e., green card holders). International students hold non-immigrant status and apply for an F-1 visa in order to meet U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) guidelines as a full-time student at a college or university.

When applying for federal or state financial aid, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or an eligible non-citizen.

You are considered an eligible non-citizen if you meet ONE of the following criteria:

  • You are a U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551).
  • You are a conditional permanent resident with an I-551C card.
  • You have an Arrival Departure Record (I-94) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) with any of the following designations:
    * refugee
    * asylum granted
    * parolee
    * victim of human trafficking
    * T-Visa holder
    * Cuban-Haitian entrant

All categories require documentation from the Department of Homeland Security to show eligibility for this assistance. Upon confirmation of citizenship status and a valid submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a student can be considered for federal assistance by the Office of Student Financial Services at Randolph College.

If a student does not fall into any of the above categories for financial assistance, the student is deemed ineligible for federal aid or institutional aid.