Information for Employers
Why Should I Sponsor Job Shadow Experiences?
H elp current students to be more informed as they make major decisions.
E xpand your network of future professionals in your field.
L ead. Become a leader and show students what it takes and how to succeed.
P romote your organization and the overall industry. Current students make great future employees or colleagues.
As an Employer Site Sponsor, you must:
- Complete the Information Sheet to post the job shadowing opportunity.
- Accept/Decline the applicants.
- Schedule a time and decide upon the length of the experience in collaboration with the student. It may be as short as one day but no longer than a week. (The student is responsible for making first contact.)
- Provide an orientation of your organization and facilities to the student. This typically includes a tour.
- Allow the student to observe your daily routine and attend meetings with you (if possible).
- Participate in an informational interview with the extern. She will be prepared with the questions.
- Arrange for the student to see other departments, if possible; this is especially beneficial to students.
- Submit an evaluation of the experience to the ELC.
Become an Employer Site Sponsor
1-2-3 It is that simple!