Top 10 Reasons Adults Return to College
Complete your degree – It’s not too late. You can compete with younger students because your experience is very valuable in the classroom. At Randolph College, you can attend fulltime or part-time.
- Transition to a new career – Most people change careers on average of 5-6 times. A liberal arts education provides you with the flexibility to switch careers when you are ready.
- Use financial aid to make a degree a reality – The Harriet Hudson Award (a reduction of tuition by half) and federal financial aid can help you invest in yourself.
- Advance your current career – Employers seek the practical problem solving and critical thinking skills a liberal arts college fosters in you.
- Improve your writing ability – As a writing intensive institution, Randolph builds your writing skills in every course you take.
- Increase your earning potential – College grads earn on average 50% more during their lifetimes than those with only a high school diploma.
- Explore the world - Randolph offers study abroad options and an international environment with students coming from 44 nations.
- Be a role model – It is difficult juggling family, work and earning a degree. Your children will appreciate the dedication to education that you model.
- Build your confidence – Nothing builds self-esteem like meeting a long-term goal of graduating from college.
- Challenge yourself – At Randolph, you’ll learn that asking the right questions is as important as knowing the answers.
- This one's up to you. We're all different people with different lives, needs and goals. What's your reason?